I forgot that last weekend I went to Çeşme. Its a little seaside town where many people from the city have their summer homes. The season is over for that, but my friend took me because I had never seen it. Also, İzmir is still sooo hot. We went swimming in the sea which was really nice, but the waves were HUGE. We went to many cafés for tea & nargile & I ate oysters for the first time. Oysters here arent slimy like back home. They come in their shells with rice & lemon... they're sooo good!
Really there is not much else to report from Çeşme. In the summer, there are clubs & nightlife, but now its all closed down.
Saturday Im going to Kuşadası (a place similar to Çeşme) for Rotary Orientation. Im so excited. Its going to be sooo fun.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Britton,
It was so good to read your news on the blog. It sounds like things are going a little better for you now - at least a little more interesting.
Your Mom dropped by this afternoon for awhile. She brought some of those yummy scones over for us. I hear you found some peanut butter in Turkey.
Love you, and keep sending the news for us.
Grandpa Bob & Grandma Ginny
Post a Comment