Saturday, September 8, 2007

Rock Bar

Today I went shopping with Aylin. She bought me two shirts which was sooo nice of her. Then we ate lunch & talked about our families. I came home & tried to make calls to meet up with people. No one could really come out, so I met with some boys I met with Nisan. They're very nice... They took me to a waffle place where I got a waffle with Nutella, bananas, nuts, & caramel... mmmmmmm! Then we went to a rock bar which was really cool. This band was playing covers (hahahaha cover band) of Turkish rock songs & some in English but I still didn't recognize them. When Turkish people like a song, they show it!!! They were linking arms & shouting along... It was so cool! I didn't like the music so much but the energy was so good! Then I had them take me home because I was tired. They insisted that they come in the taksi (taxi). I guess it is dangerous if a girl goes alone (???).

4 comments:

Grandma Ginny said...

Britton, I am so happy they are taking good care of you, and making sure you are safe. Makes your grandma feel better. It sounds like you are eating some yummy treats, and different foods.

I remember the music, singing and dancing in Israel. It sounds a lot the same as in Turkey. They love to get into things with their music. How fun, and good.

We love your news, and look forward to reading it.

Love you lots
Grandma Ginny & Grandpa too.

sandi said...

Hey B... I was listening to Turkish rock too! I watched Crossing the Bridge by Fatim Akin. That's the documentary about Turkish music, contemporary and traditional that Ekin told us about. I loved it and plan to watch it again. Such a great insight to Turkish culture. You should rent it and watch it if you can. Dylan-if you see this call me... I want to drop the movie off so you can see it too!

Shannon said...

Nutella....the world is wonderful....gotta go see if we have some now!

Anonymous said...

Nutella. Do you know how many we have been going through since you introduced Drea to it this summer??!! We have to have one at the house and camper - at all times now.

The culture sounds very interesting. I bet there are times you feel like you are in the twilight zone! So fun. Your descriptions are great by the way, I feel like am right there experiencing it too.