Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days...
The day before yesterday, I went to Konak with Beth (a girl from Ohio) and her host mom. There is a really cool bazaar there with traditional turkish clothing, pottery, jewelry & new stuff, like knock off Prada bags :) (I think I saw one I want for back to school...) It was super cool but the only thing I bought was a big seeing eye thing. AND it was only 1.50!!! The prices are so good there! Next Beth & I went to her house where we met Nisan. Nisan is a girl who was on exchange last year in Tecumseh (spelling??), Michigan. Then we all went back down to Alsancak & waiting for our friends. While waiting we spotted some boys & Nisan insisted we meet them. They were really nice & some of them even spoke really good English. So, we met our friends and then ALLLLLL of us went to a bar together. It was really hip - they were playing Beastie Boys & American History X was on aTV. Don't worry, I only had one beer. The beer everyone drinks is Efes, but I couldn't describe it, as I don't drink much. (Also, it was 5 lira, so I won't be wasting my money on that!!! So expensive...) Finally after talking, joking, trying to speak Turkish, trying to speak English, & exchanging MSNs, we left for home.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe how many people you have met in your first week! Aylin has done a great job making connections and getting you off to a good start. Maybe in your next post you can explain the "seeing eye thing"? Have fun and be good.
Love you!
You walked away from the fake Prada? You are waaaaay better than your aunt! :)
Hugs...
Very cool....I would love it if you picked up some things for the girls and myself from that Bazaar. How do I get cash to you?
Sounds like stimulation overload. Keep recording the moments. You could write a book upon your return.
Post a Comment