Thursday, November 29, 2007

Küçük Park

Yesterday I went to Küçük Park (Small Park). It's a neighborhood in Bornova most frequented by college hipsters. Finally!! Janelle, Mina & I got pizza & then looked in all of the shops. Most of them are variations of the same: a mixture of punk, goth, & hippy clothes. Not exactly my style, but my price range & I can find bits & pieces from all of them. I'll be back in a few months (after Christmas buying season) when I can finally afford to buy clothes. We had a really good time talking, I almost peed my pants. I love my friends :)

It was the first time I took the metro by myself, which was a little scary. It's small enough not to be confusing but I had no idea where I was when I got off.

Finally, a bit of bad news. Our Istanbul trip has been postponed until January. Grrrrr unorganized Rotary!!! In December we will get a "schedule" with the "dates" of the future trips. And also the knowledge that the dates will be changed a hundred million times.

No comments: