Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You Know Youre in Turkey when...

Two nights ago my host mom had friends over. I was on MSN so I didnt realize who all was over... I went to the bathroom & when I came back the door to my room was closed. I remember if I closed it or not, so I proceeded to enter & Aylin was sitting on the floor with this little old woman in a head scarf. (Not what Aylins friends typically look like...) I closed out my messages & then started back towards the door to give them some privacy. As I passed the woman, she started frantically saying something in Turkish. Aylin translated by saying, "She askes if you can pass the back of her, instead of the front."
When I came out I was like whaaaaaaaat.
I asked Aylins other friends & it turns out that that was a fortune teller. Random. Now my room smells like B.O. & cigarette smoke :(

No comments: