My mom talked to our travel agent, Kiersten about the date I should leave. She said either the ninth or seventeenth of august and with all of the people going on the ninth... I guess if I haven't heard about it yet, I'm leaving the seventeenth.
This is good for me. I'm excited for this adventure and all of the self growth that will come with it, but I can't say I'm not sad. As the months have passed, I've grown to really appreciate the city I live in. I keep coming up with lists in my mind of what the city I live needs to be: progressive, bicycle-friendly, water, seasons, friendly... And, the only place I can think of that meets all of these is Traverse City. It feels almost anxiety-inducing to think that I'm doomed here forever of my own will... 0r at least impossible to think that I've already found everything that want. And, if I have, then what need do I have to travel?
All of this said, I know that come November, after already two months of rain and with a long cold winter to come, if I had stayed in Traverse I would've been miserable. The summer is the nicest time of year and of course I feel this way now.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment